Wednesday, 6 February 2013

Maya Stylised Character Project

After working over the summer for Dinamo Productions I found myself with a lot of spare time on my hands and a showreel that is in need to improving. I have looked at Maya's nHair features before but I found it so frustrating that even though I got a good result with my previous character, I still found my work flow to be very slow and frustrating. So I decided to explore Hair grooming and dynamics further.

I designed and modelled a stylized character with an interesting hair style that wasn't flat and that had multiple layers and accessories to make it more challenging. I'm not going to go into detail on how I made this but I will say it took a lot less time than it had previously taken even though I still used the same GMH method as I did with the previous character.

There are still some improvements that need to be made but due to time I won't be carrying on with this character for now. I do however want to do another hair project and focus on producing it a lot quicker than I have before.



No comments:

Post a Comment